The specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted
I’ve encountered an issue where in all the domain users can’t remote(rdp) to the server, they are shown with this message “The specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted”
I tried accessing it using the local admin account and I was able to logged in.
After few minutes of R and D to solve the problem, I’ve encountered this article from -danielruiz- blog on Windows Server 2008 R2 issue, “The specified domain does not exist”. After following the detailed process, woah. Issue has been fixed.
He’res how to do it.
- Open regedit (open RUN and type “regedit”)
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server
- Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- In the New Value #1 box, type IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, click Decimal, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
and cheers, your done. This will solve the problem 🙂