A Tutorial for myself for Nextiva Auto Provision .
In our office, we used to manually provision our hard phones. We counter some issues that nextiva support advice as to provision the phones automatically.
How to Automatically Provision any Cisco | Linksys SPA Phone with Nextiva.
Follow exactly the steps to avoid possible problems.
- Factory Reset Your Cisco or Linksys Hard Phone.
- Set the Phone to Static, then input the necessary credentials (ip , subnet mask, gateway, dns1, dns2)
(use default google dns 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11)
- Go Nextiva Portal and Add Your Device. Choose Your Device Model and input the Mac Address of the phone.
- Then Go over to nextiva User accounts->Manage Users->( Select the user where you want to assign the phone.)->Device
- On Device, find the Phone Model that you just add in step 3. select then OK
- Go Nextiva’s provisioning site: “dc.nextiva.com/nextos.html”
- Select the model and input the IP address of the Phone. and click “Provision Device”.
Wait for few seconds then the phone should automatically be restarted.
- After the phone boots up, you should then manually restart it.
- When it boots up again it will update its firmware (not unplug)
- After Firmware update it will automatically restart again. They our done.
-Time for you to buy me a Beer!